This project represents an important reference point in the field of technical publications for the industrial sector.
For the first time guidelines, methodologies and standards relating to aeronautical technical publications have been applied to the industrial scope, appropriately simplified and adapted.
An example: a client – leader at international level in designing and building machines and plants for the production of PET containers – needed to improve the quality and effectiveness of its technical publications consequently to negative feedbacks of final customers concerning the inadequacy and the poor quality of the product information provided.
- analysis of the existing situation (manuals and contents)
- analysis of the compliance with current regulations (machinery directives)
- definition of an action plan consistent with the client’s objectives.
From the preliminary analysis Neos has provided the client with a detailed picture of the current situation by establishing a functional and sustainable work plan.
WORK PLAN ACTIVITIES
- implementation of a structure of the corporate technical publications according to a module scheme and no longer to single manuals
- adoption of a custom management tool able to track and manage every information related to technical content (data sources, texts, pictures, update status, validation, languages, etc)
- adoption of editing and publishing tools tailored to the needs of the same publications
- adoption of syntactic structures standard and uniform and congruent technical terminology